So, you want to know how to remove a red stain from carpet. While removing red stains from carpet can be challenging, getting red stain out of carpet can be done. The key is knowing what will remove a red stain in the carpet. Then you can get red stains out of carpet with ease.
How To Remove A Red Stain From Carpet: Removing Red Stains From Carpet That Is White
If the carpet that the stain is on is white, try dabbing it briefly in a mixture of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. Watch it carefully and as soon as the stain disappears, rinse it well and blot to remove as much water as possible.
How To Remove A Red Stain From Carpet: Getting Red Stains Out Of Carpet That Is Colored
To remove a red stain from carpet before it sets in, try rinsing it out with club soda while blotting gently with a clean towel until no stain remains.
One way to get red stains out of carpet is to dab on a hydrogen bleach solution such as Oxy Clean. Before you do this, test the solution on a small, inconspicuous spot to make sure it won’t fade the carpet. Then mix it up according to the manufacturer’s instructions and use as directed.
How To Remove A Red Stain From Carpet: How To Get Red Stains Out Of Carpet Once They Have Dried
When removing red stains from carpet after they have set in, try this trick.
1. In one bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of dish soap with 1 quart of water.
2. In another bowl, mix 1 cup white vinegar with two cups water.
3. Dip a wash cloth in the soap mixture and press it firmly into the stain for 15 seconds.
4. Use a dry towel to blot up any remaining liquid.
5. Wet another cloth in the vinegar mixture and press it firmly into the stain for 15 seconds.
6. Allow the stain to sit for 10 minutes and then blot it up with a dry towel.
7. Repeat this process until the stain is gone.Print This Article