By: Mrs. Mathis
Image by Megan Allen Cleaning vinyl blinds at home is not difficult but doing it quickly does require a little practice and finesse. Just knowing how to clean vinyl vertical blinds, for instance, will save you time and money. Since cleaning vinyl blinds is not that difficult, anyone can quickly learn how to clean vinyl blinds.
How To Clean Vinyl Blinds
OK, I know what you’re thinking. “Sure, you make cleaning vinyl blinds sound easy. But tell me how to clean vinyl blinds myself before I just give up and hire someone who already knows how to clean vinyl blinds.” Calm down. The following steps make cleaning vinyl blinds at home fast and easy.
1. Before cleaning vinyl blinds, or anything else, check out the label. Are there any instructions or warnings about cleaning vinyl blinds? If so, follow them, no matter what I say.
2. Cleaning vinyl blinds monthly consists of closing your blinds and wiping them down with a dry cloth or a feather duster.
3. Then open and close them again so that the reverse side is toward you and repeat step 2.
4. Open the blinds normally and enjoy.
How To Clean Vinyl Blinds That Are Too Dirty to Dust
Cleaning vinyl blinds that are very dirty can be done while they continue to hang in the window.
1. When cleaning vinyl blinds while they are still hanging, start by filling a small bucket with warm soapy water.
2. Close your blinds and wipe them down with a cloth with the soapy water.
3. Rinse the blinds with clear water.
4. Open and close the blinds again so that the reverse side is toward you. Then repeat steps 2 and 3.
How To Clean Vinyl Blinds In The Bathtub
Cleaning vinyl blinds at home in the bathtub is the easiest way to get them thoroughly clean.
1. Start by taking the blinds down from the windows and putting them in a tub of slightly soapy warm water.
2. Loosen the string so they can open and pull them up slowly, moving them gently back and forth to loosen any grime.
3. Let the water out of the tub and finish cleaning vinyl blinds by spraying them with the shower to rinse.
4. Shake them gently to get off any dripping water and rehang them, open, to dry.
So see, cleaning vinyl blinds at home is not that hard. Now that you know how to clean vinyl blinds, you may be wondering how to clean vinyl vertical blinds. No problem. Just keep reading.
How To Clean Vinyl Vertical Blinds
To clean vinyl vertical blinds, follow the above instructions. The only difference is that to clean vinyl vertical blinds in the bathtub you just unhook them and place them in the tub and stir them around like giant spaghetti noodles. There is no string to release.
Not only do the methods above make cleaning vinyl blinds a snap, but it also works well on any other non-porous blinds.
So, now that you you know how to clean vinyl blinds, what are you waiting for? Go grab a feather duster and get started. All you have to lose is a few cobwebs.Print This Article