By: Mrs. Mathis
Image by Mark Kobayashi-Hillary The easiest way to clean faux wood blinds, or anything else for that matter, is to hire someone else to do it. However, you and I both know that we’d rather spend our money on new shoes than on paying someone to wash faux wood blinds. Anyway, cleaning faux wood blinds is not even that hard. All you need is a little knowledge, which is what I’ll supply, and little elbow grease, which is your department.
How To Clean Faux Wood Blinds Without Washing
Ok, I know what your thinking. “Sure, I’ll take the shoes. But tell me this, how can I clean my faux wood blinds myself?” I’m so glad you asked. Just follow these steps to the easiest way to clean faux wood blinds that you’ll ever find.
1. Before cleaning faux wood blinds, or anything else, check out the label. Are there any instructions or warnings about cleaning? If so, follow them, no matter what I say.
2. Once a month, close your blinds and wipe them down with a dry cloth or a feather duster.
3. Open and close them again so that the reverse side is toward you. Then repeat step 2.
4. Open the blinds normally and enjoy.
How To Wash Faux Wood Blinds
Unlike real wood blinds, you can wash faux wood blinds should they become too dirty to dust.
1. When cleaning faux wood blinds by washing while they are still hanging, start by filling a small bucket with warm soapy water.
2. Close your blinds and wipe them down with a cloth that you wet with the soapy water.
3. Rinse the blinds with another cloth dipped in clear water.
4. Open and close the blinds again so that the reverse side is toward you. Then repeat steps 2 and 3.
Believe it or not, I consider the easiest way to clean faux wood blinds to be to take them down from the windows and place them in a tub of slightly soapy warm water. Loosen the string so they can open and pull them up slowly, moving them gently back and forth to loosen any grime. Then let the water out of the tub and spray them with the shower to rinse. Shake them gently to get of any dripping water and rehang them, open, to dry.
Not only does this make cleaning faux wood blinds a snap, but it also works well on vinyl or any other non porous blinds.
So, now that you you know how to clean faux wood blinds, what are you waiting for? Go grab a feather duster and get started. All you have to lose is the dirt.Print This Article