Image by accessCeramics guest With all the beautiful hairpieces available today have led more than one person to wonder how to wash a synthetic wig. Fortunately, caring for synthetic hair wigs is not difficult. In fact, many find synthetic wig care easier than caring for their own natural hair. Most questions about how to clean a synthetic hair wig center on washing a synthetic wig. Read on for instructions, including the answer to that all important question, “Can I wash synthetic wig with regular shampoo?”
Tips On How To Clean A Synthetic Hair Wig
Caring for synthetic hair wigs is not difficult, but you must follow certain guidelines. For regular care, the below tips will help you with keeping your wig clean.
- Never use hot water when washing a synthetic wig.
- Use a shampoo specially formulated for synthetic wig care. Do not use regular shampoo.
- After washing a synthetic wig, place it on a wire wig stand to dry. If you do not have a wire wig stand you can make one by folding several wire clothes hanger around your head. Drying your wig in this manner will encourage it to keep its natural shape.
- Never brush a wet wig, even with a brush designed for synthetic wig care.
- Never use a blow dryer when caring for synthetic hair wigs.
Keeping these tips in mind, you are now ready to wash your synthetic wig.
Steps For How To Wash A Synthetic Wig
1. Fill a sink with cool water and mix in a couple of ounces of synthetic wig care shampoo.
2. Add the wig and allow it to soak in the solution for about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Move the wig around with your hand for another minute and then drain the sink.
4. Rinse the wig with cool, clear water until all the soap is gone.
5. Allow the wig to dry naturally.
6. Spray the dry wig with a synthetic wig care conditioner.
Now that you know how to wash a synthetic wig, you have a whole new world of possibilities. Just knowing how to clean a synthetic hair wig means you can be a blonde on Monday, a brunette on Tuesday and a red-head on the weekends. Won’t that be fun?Print This Article